Wednesday 8 June 2011

Flexible working practises in practise.

Hey there, it's Chelsea here from Team Nyan!

Today I was working from home due to medically induced laziness and I just thought I'd give you all an update of what I've been doing.

Since I'm useless at programming, I've been doing most of the gamer art for The Rapture. The first thing I made was the game environment, which were simple graphics of the sky and world. My tablet dun borked a few weeks ago, so this was all done by mouse. (Excuses, excuses)








I'd also been tasked with making the Saints and Sinners for the game, and thus also making animations for their movement. Without any ACTUAL animation skills, I've reinvented the wheel and had to do the frames by hand, then scan them, then photoshop them. I don't have the skills to put them into Unity yet, but I'll be taught that tomorrow by Mitch and then it will be ALL FINE. 


Here I am drawing out the animation frames by hand. In tomorrow's post, I'll be building a fire in the games lab to cook us all lunch on. 
And here's the clumsy, but working result. 


The things I have left to do are animations of when the Saints are sent to Heaven and the Sinners to Hell. I'm thinking of some firey things and some fly-ey things. :)

But right now, my mouse hand aches and my belly rumbles. 

Chelsea, Over and out.

P.S: It was of my demands that we are TEAM NYAN.


No comments:

Post a Comment